Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Satechi Waterproof Kindle Paperwhite Case Review

Satechi Waterproof Kindle Paperwhite Case Review

http://www.amazon.com/Satechi%C2%AE-Waterproof-Kindle-Paperwhite-Orange/dp/B00R702MYS

I use my Kindle Paperwhite often when I go to the beach... and I hate when sand gets on it, as I am always afraid it is going to get scratch. I am kind of anal about protecting my devices. So I was very excited to try out this waterproof case for my Kindle Paperwhite.

I had another case on this, from a different manufacturer. This case from Satechi is slightly larger in size, but still very easy to hold in your hand while reading. The screen sensitivity (using the controls) is still super responsive with no issues. The design of the waterproof enclosure is very similar to other waterproof cases I have used in the past for cameras and phones.

I strongly suggest you water test this with paper towels prior to submersing your actual device in water. The instructions recommend you do this as well. I did not have the opportunity to do this test myself...yet.

Getting the Kindle into the case takes a little effort, but it is not too bad. Once you close up the zip lock part, it is in there pretty securely.

IPX8 Means... The equipment is suitable for continuous immersion in water under conditions which shall be specified by the manufacturer. However, with certain types of equipment, it can mean that water can enter but only in such a manner that it produces no harmful effects.

PROS:
- GREAT PROTECTION!
- Built in stand.
- Magnetic closure.
- Auto On and Off feature.
- IXP8 certified.

CONS:
- Removing the Kindle from the case to recharge the device could become a pain.
- Initial installation takes a little effort.
- There is some (not much) glare from the case while reading.


No comments: