Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Satechi Charging 7 Port Dock Review and Unboxing






My friends at Satechi asked me to try out this 7 Port
charging dock in exchange for a fair review. As I am a really big fan of
Satechi products, I was excited to get this new gadget.

In my household, we have about 20 devices that need daily
charging. Each nightstand, desk, and coffee table have external chargers
covering them. My house is starting to resemble the airport where I am
scrambling to find an open outlet! :)

So this 7 port charging dock appeared to be a great solution
to this problem that many modern families contend with everyday.

The charging dock is very well made. It has a large power
adapter (similar to a laptops) that you use to charge the dock. You then attach
your individual USB cables (not included), plug in your device, set it in its individual
slot, turn on the docks master power button... and your devices are charging.
There are three 2.4 amp slots for tablets or rapid charging cell phones (Note
4), and four 1 amp slots for pretty much anything else.

I had 2 tablets, 1 phone, and 2 external batteries charging
off this thing with absolutely no issues. It does not get hot. There is surge
protection on each port, so each device is protected individually. This is
important.

Pay attention to the footprint though... it does take up
some space. Also, in the images above from the vendor, they show this with dock
in use with very small USB cables. I do not have any of those. I did use the
included Velcro straps. But even then, it was still a LOT of cable strewn
about. It did look messy. I would like to see a purchase option that includes
the correct cables. Also the Velcro straps are a little fragile. I pulled on
one to tighten around a cable and it easily broke.

All in all... a very good product. Super helpful to charge a
variety of devices all at once.
Satechi Charging 7 Port Dock Review and Unboxing

PROS:
- Nice construction.
- Easy to charge 7 devices at once.
- 7 Powered USB Ports (3 x 2.4A and 4 x 1A )
- Each port has it's own surge protection.
- Large slots for each device.


CONS:
- If you do not have short USB cables, it can get messy. Even
with the included Velcro straps.
- This device has a semi-large footprint. Make sure you have
the room for it.


- I had a Velcro strap break while trying to use it on a USB
cable.

No comments: