Friday, May 1, 2015

Ipow Universal Smartphone Air Vent Car Mount Holder Review





This little gadget from IPOW is surprisingly useful! It is
small and compact, and works rather well.

PRICE: $7.99

The packaging of the unit I received was entirely in
Chinese. So I am not sure if it was an actual production model. The design is a
little different than from other car mounts I have tested previously,  as this is a circular plastic/rubber piece
that flexes open. The flex is what provides grip to your device. In my test it
was able to fit my Galaxy Note 4.

It does hold the device, but this phone mount did not seem
100% "secure". My concern was that if I hit a speed bump or pot hole
would my phone would go flying.

The part that attaches to the cars cooling vent did its job
as well, but also, left me a little concerned as to how secure it is.

The main benefit is that mounting your phone in the air vent
means it is closer at hand, within reach. It is also not high up in the
windshield obstructing your view of the road.

You can rotate your phone in this mount, and there were
clicks that lock it into position.

I personally see this type of car mount as one you would
take on a trip and use in a rental car. Something that would not be permanent.

But, it did work as advertised. It is also rather
inexpensive.



I was provided this device for free in exchange for an
unbiased product review.

No comments: