Thursday, April 23, 2015

Merit Waterproof iPhone 6+ 5.5” Case Review And Hand-On





I have previously tested and reviewed waterproof phone cases
from Merit for the iPhone 6 4.7" and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. In both of
the those reviews I gave positive feedback for the cases, and I will do the
same here.


PRICE: $19.99

This is a great case for $20. I will get that out of the way
first. There are other more expensive alternatives for waterproof phone cases.
For $20 this case does the job. It protects your phone from water.

That being said, I would not use this case as my everyday
phone case. Never. But... if I know I will be near water, this case will go on
my iPhone 6+. The cases does protect the phone very well from water intrusion.
I have tested these cases using the {soak test" where I place a dry paper
towel in the case and leave the whole case submerged for and hour. And in each
test, the case does not leak.

So, here are the cons...
Sound quality is greatly diminished using this case. The
case has all kind of coverings to keep water out. It also keeps out sound (nor
does it let it in). People will have a really hard time hearing you with this
case on. I fix this by using a Bluetooth headset. Then I have no call issues.

You need a really small power lightning cable tip to fit
into this case. Again... if you are using this case for a few hours in or
around water, this should not be an issue.

Opening the case is not easy. Merit provides a tool (it
looks like a plastic pepper) to help open the case. A quarter will also do the
job.
But... this is not really a bad thing as you want this case
securely on your phone.

Operating your phone through the case was not a problem for
me. It worked well.

The package comes with an audio extender, and a wrist strap.



For More Gadget Reviews Visit: http://gadgetreviews.expert

No comments: